Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Return To Sydney

I'll openly say that after having travelled alot, I still think Sydney is the best place to live.

I love being back. I get to ride my bike to the above everyday, drive my jelly bean car and be with friends and family. The only downsides is that everything's expensive (or everyone's rich), and the heat and sunshine is so intense, I can't do anything in the daytime. And I don't have air con working in my car.

After living in London for nearly five years, the usual first impressions of being home is:

1) Everyone I don't know talks like bogans.
2) Oh wait, I'm a bogan.
3) Why is everything in Australia so damn expensive?
4) The fruit and vegetable here are huge and taste like what they are.
5) Bugs will eat anything here, especially people.
6) Why are there so few freeview channels on TV? And two of them televise tennis and cricket all day.
7) Customer service people are actually nice and will humour your crazy rantings.
8) I don't want to go outside today because I'll have to slather on sunscreen first.
9) Waiting more than three minutes for train is ludicrous.
10)  Paying sixteen dollars for a cheese toastie and bottle of organic coke at a cafe is reasonable these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)