Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sydney Food Safari

It's 11pm and I finally have the chance to rest for the day. It's been tiring and fulfilling in many ways. Here's what I did on my last Sunday in Sydney.

Met my cousin Lisa and her bf at the Fish Markets for a seafood feast. It was my only chance to pig out on oysters, sashimi and the freshest prepared sea urchin. They look like crinkly yellow cat's tongues. Horrible analogy, however these delicate morsels are divine if you're the type to suck the insides of prawn heads or enjoy the jelly texture of oysters. They are an acquired taste as I hated them the first time but on the second, I was hooked. These were an utter indulgence. And no need to grapple the creatures in their spiky armour.

Pork tonkotsu at the ramen joint in Eating World food court in Chinatown. My girlfriend raved about the food and she's right-the broth is out of this world. (And made without MSG.) So thick and tasty, it coats your tongue and sticks to the insides of your mouth long afterwards. It was the thickest tonkotsu broth I've ever had.

Then we had Yogurtberry before saying goodbye. I was really full by then. Went to Silverwater to visit friends and meet their cute pups. Then it was off to dinner in Marrickville for pho. I would'nt go back to where we ate because the broth was  bland and too sweet. However I got to catch up with more great friends and we shared laughs.

I decided to end the night there with friends but stopped at my sister's on the way home. Gotta get my last Lillee fixes before I go away! My cousin Lisa and her bf was also visiting and we watched TV together. It was wonderful to visit spontaneously and spend time with family. That's what I really miss when living in London.

I was so knackered when I got home. Need to catch some hard earned zzzzzzzs now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)