Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Girls Lunch Pre-Baby

My sister had her baby's delivery booked for Thursday (breech birth) and so I took the opportunity to have a girls lunch with her and my cousin.

 We went to ECQ bar in Circular Quay. The view was fabulous!

The food was pricey but the serving sizes are large. I would'nt recommend ECQ for a meal because main choices are limited. We ordered wedges and a few appetizers. The setting was perfect for our little get-together!  


My niece Lillee (spelt this way so our family name is carried on) was born the day after. In the evening, a mystical thing happened. Our Dutchman's Pipe cactus, to this day looked ordinary but Mum told me to come outside to look. It's flowers had suddenly bloomed. They were beautiful and the scent was heavenly. 

I looked up the plant and found out that the flowers bloom once a year, only at night and they die at dawn. How unusual is that? It is also said that this brings on luck. Lillee's arrival truly is a momentous occasion! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to pass a balloon? :)